[bookly-form category_id=”1″ service_id=”57″]
WHAT IS A BANKSMAN?
Traffic marshal (Banksman) are operatives trained to direct vehicle movement on or around site. They are often called Traffic Marshals
CAN WE STILL USE BANKSMEN FOR REVERSING VEHICLES?
Yes, but only if trained and authorised. There is a hierarchy of control, which places segregation at the top. Banksmen should only be used in circumstances where other control measures are not possible.
HOW CAN WE KEEP BANKSMAN SAFE?
- Ensure that they are trained and competent to direct moving vehicles
- Provide a protected position from which they can work in safety
- Provide distinctive ‘hi viz’ clothing for identification
- Tell drivers that if they can’t see the Banksman they should stop immediately
- Agree on the use of standard signals