[bookly-form category_id=”8″ service_id=”41″]
To provide comprehensive practical and theory-based construction plant training in operating a Ride on Roller, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation.
- Carry out all necessary plant equipment pre-use and running checks.
- Set the roller for site travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including undulating ground.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction.
- Set the roller for compaction duties.
- Prepare an area prior to compacting, i.e. traffic/personnel management etc.
- Compact different materials to given instructions.
- Compact up to supported and unsupported edges, against radii and around obstructions
- Place the roller in an out-of-service condition.
- Recognise compacted and uncompact areas.
- State conditions that may cause instability of the ride on roller.
- State safety procedures when working up to unsupported edges.
- Explain safety procedures when compacting on inclines.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen H+S test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.