To provide thorough theoretical and practical training in operating a telehandler to enable the candidate to competently and safely operate the machine and pass the CPCS Telescopic Handler training course Theory and Practical Tests.
- Operating the plant machinery on all normal tasks for which it is designed
- Deciding whether a particular load is safe to lift
- Carrying out routine telescopic handler servicing procedures and plant maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Conducting minor mechanical adjustments
- Preparing and driving the machine on public highways, and loading in onto a transporter in accordance with the requirements of the UK Road Traffic Acts
- Understanding the purpose and capabilities of the machine and any relevant safety precautions necessary for its operation
- How the handler machine works and the maintenance requirements involved
- The effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
- Loading, storage and transit of representative materials
- The basic construction of pallets
- The permitted loading of scaffolds
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card, candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen Health and Safety test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.