This course is a 2 days PTS Initial Course without the E-Learning module. It is mandatory that candidates complete their E-Learning before the course starts.
At the end of the course the candidate will:
- Understand the rules and regulations that are in force for personal safety which need to be observed when working ‘On or Near the Line’ on the Railway Infrastructure.
Who Is The Course Suitable For?
This course is intended for candidates who wish to work on or near the line on Network Rail’s infrastructure.
Candidates must be over the age of 16 and sponsored by a link-up approved railway company before undertaking the PTS course. This is a company who have been audited and certificated to supply workers to the Railway industry. The Sentinel co-ordinator of this sponsoring company will need to sign our course booking form to confirm their intent to sponsor you and supply their linkup site ID number.
Candidates will also need to have completed a Network Rail approved medical and drug & alcohol screening prior to attending the course.
Only those with a sufficient grasp of the English language to be able to give an emergency telephone call will be eligible to attend.
On successful completion of the course Candidates will:
- Correctly interpret the relevant parts of the Rule Book, the Track Safety Handbook and will understand the relevant aspects of the Sentinel Scheme.
- Demonstrate their understanding and ability to follow a safe system of work that their COSS will set up for them.
- Introduction to working on the track
- Accessing and Exiting the Track
- Working Safely
- Communication and Teamwork skills
- Emergency Procedures
- Safe system of work
- AC Electric Equipment
- DCCR Electrification Equipment
- Practical Track assessment + Written/Verbal assessment
The PTS course is insufficient for those wishing to carry out any work, which will affect the geometry of the track in any way. For that a person must attend a 10 day Track Induction Course.
Learners must be 16+ and bring along valid ID (Passport, Driving license or ID card) along with National Insurance and Proof of Address.
Learners will also need a valid Sponsor at the time of booking. Also candidates should have a valid PTS Medical and Drugs and Alcohol assessment no longer than 3 months old.
For candidates who do not have a Valid Medical assessment or Primary Sponsor, please contact us and we can try and arrange one for you.
Candidates must also have the correct PPE (Steel Toe Boots, Helmet and Hi-visibility trousers and vest/jacket), as there will be a track visit.
Candidates must also have completed the E-Learning Module vie the Network Rail System.